This website is accessible to all versions of every browser. However, you are seeing this message because your browser does not support basic Web standards, and does not properly display the site's design details. Please consider upgrading to a more modern browser. (Learn More).
Posted Saturday, October 5, 2013
Pittsboro, NC - The 2013 Pepper Festival will take place at Boulder Park in Briar Chapel at 16 Windy Knoll Cir, Chapel Hill, NC on October 6 from 3 pm to 7 pm. This is the Abundance Foundation's 6th annual celebration of foodshed resiliency, small farmers, renewable energy, and the creativity of the Piedmont’s chefs, brewers and artisans. It is all fueled by local food, drink and music.
Tickets: $30 online, $35 at the gate. Kids under 12 get in free! Buy tickets here.
With your ticket, you get live music from 3 talented local bands, an endless supply of pepper dishes from over 25 of Piedmont’s best chefs and food artisans, made with Chatham County pepper varieties, 24 interactive
non-profit exhibits, and 7 kids' activities!
All proceeds from Pepper Fest benefit The Abundance Foundation and Piedmont Biofarm.
* LIVE MUSIC by Big Fat Gap, Loamlands, and Steph Stewart and the Boyfriends!
* CASH BAR with pepper-infused limited edition beers, local wines and liquors, plus specialty waters and kid's drinks!
* REVELRY! Interactive exhibits from 24 organizations
* KIDS' FUNZONE with face-painting, giant bubbles, pepper education, sidewalk chalk, pepper-cardboard art, coloring, circus performers, hoopers, acrobats and more!
* EMCEE'D by Frank Stasio from "The State of Things" on WUNC NPR
* PEPPER KING & QUEEN coronation for our volunteers who sold the most tickets!
* AWARDS for "Fueling Flavor" Best Dish Contest by Piedmont Biofuels, and Best Pepper Beer Contest! Judges include Leonida Inge (NPR), Larry Larsen (Larry's Beans), Andy MacMahan (Sustainability Program at Central Carolina Community College) and more.
Buy tickets here.
Pepper Fest web page.
Facebook event page.
Twitter: @abundancefound #PBOpepperfest
Abundance Level: Briar Chapel, WUNC,
Anaheim Level: Piedmont Biofuels, Sanford Contracting,
Jalapeño Level: RAFI, David Weekly Homes, Open NMS, McKim & Creed
Tobago Level: Bradshaw Robinson, Weaver Street Realty, Larry’s Beans, Southern Energy Management, Lynn Hayes Properties, CE GROUP, Whole Foods, Shakori hills, Central Carolina Community College
Pimiento Level: Alicia Ravetto AIA, Center for Environmental Farming Systems, Chatham Economic Development Corporation, Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market, Country Farm & Home Supply, Farmer Foodshare, Garlick & Murray Family Medicine, Hobbs Architects, PA, Kimley-Horn & Associates, Krombach, Dunn, Pappalardo & Turchetti, Lowe’s Home Improvement, NC Hops & Roots, Fatty Owl Farm, Pickard’s Mountain Eco Institute, Pittsboro Farmers’ Market, Piedmont Grown, Quaintance-Weaver Hotels, Sixth Sun, Slow Money NC, Triangle Air Awareness, Yardsprout
Send a letter to the editor.
Sign up for the Chatham Chatlist.
Promote your brand at chathamjournal.com