This website is accessible to all versions of every browser. However, you are seeing this message because your browser does not support basic Web standards, and does not properly display the site's design details. Please consider upgrading to a more modern browser. (Learn More).
Posted Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Pittsboro, NC - Chatham County seeks applicants to fill three vacancies on the Transportation Advisory Committee, which identifies and studies transportation issues and makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners. The revised deadline for interested applicants is July 26, 2013.
The committee has three existing vacancies with varying lengths of remaining terms. The committee especially seeks applicants from the commissioner districts listed below, but anyone interested in serving is encouraged to apply.
* District 2 in the southeastern portion of the county
* District 4 in the northwestern portion of the county
* District 5 in the southwestern portion of the county
The committee especially seeks members from various diverse backgrounds, including different ethnic origins. They also want people with an interest in at least one of the following transportation groups:
* Transportation and the environment
* Public transportation, such as transit systems
* Personal motor vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles
* Agricultural and commercial product transport
* Transportation and the economy, society, and/ or public safety
To view commissioner district maps, visit here. Or contact Lindsay Ray at 919-542-8200 to have a printed copy mailed or emailed to you.
The committee typically meets on fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm in Pittsboro. To find out more about the committee, visit the web site.
Send a letter to the editor.
Sign up for the Chatham Chatlist.
Promote your brand at chathamjournal.com