This website is accessible to all versions of every browser. However, you are seeing this message because your browser does not support basic Web standards, and does not properly display the site's design details. Please consider upgrading to a more modern browser. (Learn More).
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013
Pittsboro, NC - The Chatham County Board of Commissioners will meet on Tuesday, January 22 at the Agricultural Building auditorium in Pittsboro, NC at 6 p.m.
INVOCATION and PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA and CONSENT AGENDA
The Board of Commissioners uses a Consent Agenda to act on non-controversial and routine items quickly. The Consent Agenda is acted upon by one motion and vote of the Board.
Items may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda at the request of a Board member or citizen. The Consent Agenda contains the following items:
1. Minutes: Approval of Board Minutes for the November 19, 2012 Regular Session, the December 17, 2012 Regular Session, the December 17, 2012 Work Session, and the January 14, 2013 Board of Commissioners’ Retreat.
2. Tax Releases and Refunds: Vote on a request to approve the tax releases and refunds.
3. Appointment of Review Officers: Vote on a request to appoint, by resolution, Lynda Hall, Sara Gitt and Margaret Goldston, as Review Officers (Resolution)
4. Appointments to the Board of Equalization and Review: Vote on a request to re-appoint and appoint the following members to a three year term ending December 31, 2016:
Appoint member Patrick Barnes by Commissioner Mike Cross – District 2
Re-appoint member Judith Peterson by Commissioner Pam Stewart – District 4
Re-appoint member Herbert Gaines by Commissioner Walter Petty – District 5
Re-appoint alternate Brenda Turner by the full Board
Appoint alternate Lillie Alston by the full Board
5. NC PARTF Grant: Vote on a request to apply for NCPARTF (North Carolina Parks and Recreation Trust Fund) for improvements to the park at Briar Chapel (Application)
6. NCGCC – Crime Victims’ Services Grant: Vote on a request to apply for the NCGCC Crime Victims’ Services Grant that would allow for ongoing service for supervised visitation and exchange services. (Application)
7. Enhanced Safety Grant Award: Vote on a request to apply for Investigation and Monitoring for Enhanced Safety Grant Award that will provide for the court ordered monitoring of offenders of domestic violence laws through use of GPS. (Application, Approval Form)
8. Spay and Neuter Resolution: Vote on a request to approve a resolution Designating February, 2013 as Spay/Neuter Awareness Month. (Resolution)
9. ETJ Appointments to the Town of Siler City Planning Board/Board of Adjustment: Vote on a request to approve the appointment of Stephen Crotts as an active ETJ member and Chris Murchison as an alternate ETJ member of the Town of Siler City’s Planning Board/Board of Adjustment.
10. Re-designate Location of the "Courthouse Door": Vote on a request to adopt ordinance re-designating the location of the "Courthouse Door". (Ordinance)
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
PUBLIC INPUT SESSION
11. The Public Input Session is held to give citizens an opportunity to speak on any item. The session is no more than thirty minutes long to allow as many as possible to speak. Speakers are limited to no more than three minutes each and may not give their time to another speaker. Speakers are required to sign up in advance. Individuals who wish to speak but cannot because of time constraints will be carried to the next meeting and given priority. We apologize for the tight time restrictions. They are necessary to ensure that we complete our business. If you have insufficient time to finish your presentation, we welcome your comments in writing.
12. Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments: Public hearing request by the Chatham County Board of Commissioners to amend Sections 7.2, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 15.4, and 15.11 of the Zoning Ordinance to (1) establish standards for off-premise directional signs in the zoned areas of the county for businesses, churches, parks, historic properties, schools, and other places of public assembly and (2) provide a reduction in building setbacks in business zoning districts with permission of the adjoining property owner and when the adjoining property has the same zoning classification. (Link)
13. Resolution Recognizing Charles J. Johnson, Former Mayor of Siler City
14. Presentation of the Government Finance Officers Association’s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
15. RV Park Setback Discussion
16. Discussion of funding new Agriculture Center with GO Bond
17. Audit Report: Presentation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Year Ended June 30, 2012 by Martin Starnes and Associates, CPA’s, P.A.
18. Manager’s Reports: The County Manager shall report on miscellaneous County business at this time.
19. Commissioners’ Reports: Any Commissioner wishing to report on any County business may do so at this time.
No Work Session
Send a letter to the editor.
Sign up for the Chatham Chatlist.
Promote your brand at chathamjournal.com