This website is accessible to all versions of every browser. However, you are seeing this message because your browser does not support basic Web standards, and does not properly display the site's design details. Please consider upgrading to a more modern browser. (Learn More).
Posted Monday, August 20, 2012
Pittsboro, NC - The Chatham County Board of Commissioners will meet on Monday, June 4 at the Agricultural Building auditorium in Pittsboro, NC at 6 p.m.
INVOCATION and PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
ORGANIZATION OF THE BOARD
County Attorney presiding: Election of Chair and Vice Chair
APPOINTMENT OF THE CLERK TO THE BOARD
APPROVAL OF AGENDA and CONSENT AGENDA
The Board of Commissioners uses a Consent Agenda to act on non-controversial and routine items quickly. The Consent Agenda is acted upon by one motion and vote of the Board. Items may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda at the request of a Board member or citizen. The Consent Agenda contains the following items:
2. Tax Releases and Refunds: Vote on a request to approve the tax releases and refunds
3. Chatham County Waste Management Competitive Bid Waiver: Vote on request to waive the competitive bid process, and award the piggyback bid for the purchase of one (1) new model WHD64B Volvo refuse truck and roll-off tarp system for the Chatham County Waste Management Department from Advantage Truck Center in the amount of $150,249.34 (Bid Tabulation, Pending Minutes of Lincoln County BOC meeting on 04.02.2012, Purchase order issued by Lincoln County)
5. Home Care Community Block Grant Budget: Vote on a request to accept Home and Community Care Block Grant funds in the amount of $495,268 to be used according to the committee budget (Agreement, Funding Plan)
6. Forestry Contract: Vote on a request to approve agreement with NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for protection, development, and improvement of forest lands in Chatham County (Contract)
7. Sheriff’s Offi ce Vehicle Contr ac t : Vote on a request to purchase thirteen new vehicles for the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office on State Contract #070B in the amount of $423,077.04 (2012 Charger Police Options, 2012 Charger V6 Pricing, Specs)
9. SFR12 and URP12 Housing Rehabilitation Programs: Vote on a request to approve Project Ordinance, Assistance Policy, and Procurement and Disbursement Policy for the 2012 North Carolina Housing Finance Agency Single Family Rehabilitation and Urgent Repair housing rehabilitation programs
10. Annex Renovations Project: Vote on approval of project ordinance, Resolution to Exempt Architectural Services from GS 143-64.31, and contract with Hobbs Architects and authorize the County Manager to sign contract
11. Subdivision Final Plat Approval of Briar Chapel Parkway and Boulder Point Drive in Briar Chapel: Vote on request by Bill Mumford, Assistant Vice President, on behalf of NNP Briar Chapel, LLC for subdivision final plat approval of “Right-of-Way and Easement Dedication Plat of Briar Chapel – Briar Chapel Parkway and Boulder Point Drive”, located off Andrews Store Road, SR #1528, and Parker Herndon Road, SR #1526, Baldwin Township (Link)
12. Subdivisi on Final Plat Approval of “Briar Chapel – Phase 6 South”: Vote on request by Bill Mumford, Assistant Vice President, on behalf of NNP Briar Chapel, LLC for subdivision final plat approval of “Briar Chapel – Phase 6
South”, consisting of 138 lots on 51.25 acres, located off Andrews Store Road, SR #1528 and Parker Herndon Road, SR #1526, Baldwin Township (Link)
13. Text Amendment to Chatham County Zoning Ordinance: Vote on request by Strata Solar for a text amendment to the Chatham County Zoning Ordinance, Section 7.2 Definitions, Section 10.13 Table of Permitted Uses, and Section 14.1 Off-street Parking Requirements to allow various provisions for solar energy (Link)
14. Planning Board Appointment: Vote on a request to approve the appointment of Deepa Sanyal to the Chatham County Planning Board for a three-year term by Commissioner Kost
15. Ag Advisory Committee Appointment: Vote on a request to approve the appointment of Sharon Day to the Chatham County Ag Advisory Committee by Commissioner Kost
16. Environmental Review Committee Appointment: Vote on a request to approve the appointment of Mary Beth Koza to the Chatham County Environmental Review Committee by Commissioner Kost
17. Assigning Bid to Board of Education: Vote on a request to adopt Resolution Assigning Bid to the Chatham County Board of Education
19. Recreation Advisory Committee Appointments: Vote to approve the Recreation Advisory Committee appointments as follows:
District 1 – Tim Mounce
District 2 – Josh Lindren and Megan Lynch
District 3 – Adam Feher
District 4 – Danny Street
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
PUBLIC INPUT SESSION
20. The Public Input Session is held to give citizens an opportunity to speak on any item. The session is no more than thirty minutes long to allow as many as possible to speak. Speakers are limited to no more than three minutes each and may not give their time to another speaker. Speakers are required to sign up in advance. Individuals who wish to speak but cannot because of time constraints will be carried to the next meeting and given priority. We apologize for the tight time restrictions. They are necessary to ensure that we complete our business. If you have insufficient time to finish your presentation, we welcome your comments in writing.
22. Rezoning of Acreage on Beaver Creek Road: Public hearing to receive public comments on a request by Walter Lewis to rezone approximately 3.415 acres, Parcel #17717, located on Beaver Creek Road, New Hope Township, from Residential (R1) to Conditional Neighborhood Business Zoning District (CD-NB) to construct a RV and Boat Storage facility (Link)
23. Revision to Existing Conditional Use Permit for Cole Place: Public hearing to receive public comments on a request by IS Development Company, LLC for a revision to an existing conditional use permit for Cole Place on Parcel #65804 to remove and transfer 3.22 acres from the existing CUP to an adjacent parcel and transfer the remainder of the residual property subject to the existing CUP to the Townhomes at Cole Place Owners Association, Inc. (Link)
24. Budget Critique for FY 2012-2013: Staff seeks feedback on improvements for the FY 2013-2014 budget process and document
MANAGER’ S REPORTS
26. Manager’s Reports: The County Manager shall report on miscellaneous County business at this time.
COMM ISSIONERS’ R EPORTS
27. Commissioners’ Reports: Any Commissioner wishing to report on any County business may do so at this time.
Begins at 3:00 PM
1. Public Input Session is held to give citizens an opportunity to speak on any item, which does not appear on the day’s Agenda. The session is no more than thirty minutes long to allow as many as possible to speak. Speakers are limited to no more than three minutes each and may not concede their time to another speaker. Speakers are required to sign up in advance. Individuals who wish to speak but cannot because of time constraints will be carried to the next meeting and given priority. We apologize for the tight time restrictions. They are necessary to ensure that we complete our business. If you have insufficient time to finish your presentation, we welcome your comments in writing.
2. “Clean Jordan Lake” Update by Mr. Fran DiGiano on the cleanup work at Jordan Lake sponsored by the “Clean Jordan Lake”, a nonprofit agency that has worked at cleaning debris from the shoreline of the lake. (Powerpoint)
3. “Buy Chatham” Campaign Presentati on and adoption of Resolution Proclaiming Support for the “Buy Chatham” Campaign : Alyssa Stepusin will be asking the Board of Commissioners to consider encouraging County residents to purchase locally.
4. Nursing Home and Adult Care Homes Committee Presentation: Presentation briefing the Board of Commissioners on work performed by the Committee.
5. Emergency Operations Presentation by Tony Tucker, Chatham County EMS Director and Steve Powers, Area 8 Emergency Management Coordinator, as mandated by the State of NC for emergency funding. (Powerpoint 1; Powerpoint 2)
6. Chatham Parks, LLC Presentation: Representatives of Chatham Parks, LLC will outline their interest in securing Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) for their property.
7. NCACC Legislative Goals: Begin consideration of legislative goals for next session of the General Assembly.
8. Closed Session to Discuss Matters within Attorney/Client Privilege
Send a letter to the editor.
Sign up for the Chatham Chatlist.
Promote your brand at chathamjournal.com