This website is accessible to all versions of every browser. However, you are seeing this message because your browser does not support basic Web standards, and does not properly display the site's design details. Please consider upgrading to a more modern browser. (Learn More).
Posted Monday, June 4, 2012
Pittsboro, NC - The Chatham County Board of Commissioners will meet on Monday, June 4 at the Agricultural Building auditorium in Pittsboro, NC at 6 p.m.
INVOCATION and PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
ORGANIZATION OF THE BOARD
County Attorney presiding: Election of Chair and Vice Chair
APPOINTMENT OF THE CLERK TO THE BOARD
APPROVAL OF AGENDA and CONSENT AGENDA
The Board of Commissioners uses a Consent Agenda to act on non-controversial and routine items quickly. The Consent Agenda is acted upon by one motion and vote of the Board. Items may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda at the request of a Board member or citizen. The Consent Agenda contains the following items:
3. Award Bid for the Sanford Interconnect: Vote on a request to approve to award the bid for the Sanford Interconnect 500,000 Gallon Elevated Storage Tank to Caldwell Tanks, Inc. in the amount of $1,135,800.00 and authorize County Manager to sign the contract on behalf of the County (Letter of Recommendation and Bid Tabulation)
4. NNP-Briar Chapel, LLC Conditional Use Permit Revision Request: Vote on a request to adopt a Resolution Approving A Revision to A Conditional Use Permit by NNP-Briar Chapel, LLC (Resolution Adopting a Revision to a Conditional Use Permit Request by NNP-Briar Chapel, LLC, Master Plan)
5. Voting Equipment Licensing and Maintenance Contract: Vote on a request to approve contract with Election Systems Software for voting equipment licensing and maintenance (Election Systems and Software contract with changes by Jep Rose)
6. Board of Health Appointments: Vote on a request to reappoint the following members to the Board of Health for 3-year terms, by the full Board:
- Van Romine - Optometrist
- Linda Ellington - Nurse
- Jim Kurz - Physician
- John Kessler - Pharmacist
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
PUBLIC INPUT SESSION
8. The Public Input Session is held to give citizens an opportunity to speak on any item.
The session is no more than thirty minutes long to allow as many as possible to speak. Speakers are limited to no more than three minutes each and may not give their time to another speaker. Speakers are required to sign up in advance. Individuals who wish to speak but cannot because of time constraints will be carried to the next meeting and given priority. We apologize for the tight time restrictions. They are necessary to ensure that we complete our business. If you have insufficient time to finish your presentation, we welcome your comments in writing.
9. Presentation and update on consolidation legislation and what it would mean for public health in counties
MANAGER’ S REPORTS
11. Manager’s Reports: The County Manager shall report on miscellaneous County business at this time.
12. Commissioners’ Reports: Any Commissioner wishing to report on any County business may do so at this time.
No Work Session
Send a letter to the editor.
Sign up for the Chatham Chatlist.
Promote your brand at chathamjournal.com