This website is accessible to all versions of every browser. However, you are seeing this message because your browser does not support basic Web standards, and does not properly display the site's design details. Please consider upgrading to a more modern browser. (Learn More).
Posted Friday, November 30, 2012
Pittsboro, NC - Due to the upcoming resignation of Deb McManus from the Chatham County Board of Education following her election to the NC House of Representatives, the board has determined its process to fill the remainder of her term (from January of 2013 through December of 2014).
- Application and procedures available for interested parties who must reside in board of education district 4 (November 20, 2012-January 4, 2013)
- Deadline to accept applications: January 4, 2013
- Conduct Board of Education meeting to interview candidates on Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at 5:00 PM
- Make selection by majority vote on January 14, 2013 during an evening board meeting
- Oath of Office administered to new board member on February 4, 2013
- Central office staff will conduct orientation for newly selected board member on Thursday, February 21, 2013